The Department of Horticultural Genetics and Biotechnology of the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, organized via videoconference the kick-off meeting of the research project "NTOMATOMICS: DEVELOPMENT OF NEW TOMATO CULTIVARS BY USING OMICS TECHNOLOGIES", with the participation of all members of the consortium.
The consortium of the project consists of the following partners:
(coordinator) Department of Horticultural Genetics & Biotechnology-Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Chania-Crete
(Project coordinator: Dr Panagiotis Kalaitzis)
• Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
• Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture (Partner coordinators: Emeritus Professor Costas Biliaderis & Dr Ioannis Mourtzinos)
• Laboratory of Pharmacognosy,Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Partner coordinator: Emeritus Professor Angelos Kanellis) • Department of Genetics, Development and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Agriculture (Partner coordinator: Dr Athanasios Mavromatis
• Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences- FORTH (Foundation for Research and Technology, Hellas), Patra (Partner Coordinator: Dr Maria Klapa)
• Institute of Plant Breeding and Genetic Resources, Thessaloniki -Hellenic Agricultural Organization -Demeter (Partner Coordinator : Dr Apostoloos Kalivas) • Institute of Plant Breeding and Genetic Resources-Genebank, Thessaloniki -Hellenic Agricultural Organization -Demeter (Partner Coordinator : Dr Parthenopi Ralli)
• Thrace Greenhouses S.A. , Xanthi (Mr Iosif Amiridis) • Iakovos Greenhouses , Platanos- Chania (Mr Iakovos Skordilakis) The project, " NTOMATOMICS: DEVELOPMENT OF NEW TOMATO CULTIVARS BY USING OMICS TECHNOLOGIES " is co-financed by Greece and the European Union under the Action "RESEARCH-CREATE-INNOVATE -2nd cycle" of the Operational Program "Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation”.
The NTOMATOMICS Project has a duration of 30 months and started on the 29th of September 2020, while its total budget amounts to € 1,000,000.00.