Geoinformation in Environmental Management
Apply Online Here
Spatial data and the derived geoinformation are now more available than ever and are used in many applications for the management of different environments. In addition to research, such information is also used by the public administration sector, as well as by private companies.
Furthermore, with the impact of climate change now evident, establishment of Environmental Management plans employing this information, allowing for accurate monitoring and confident decision making, is crucial.
The programme of Geoinformation in Environmental Management focuses on providing graduates with introductory and advanced skills concerning
- the use of Geographical Information Systems on Environmental Management and decision support systems,
- the analysis of remotely sensed data for a variety of application and
- the management of Mediterranean environments.
- To provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing or applying ideas while addressing a research hypothesis connected to decision support for environmental issues or relating geoinformation with environmental and biological processes;
- To apply knowledge and understanding in solving real life problems in a multidisciplinary context, such as a strategic environmental assessment or the management of Mediterranean ecosystems;
- To demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge of the natural processes and the environmental legislation and policy, handle complex geo-information technologies, and formulate judgments;
- To communicate conclusions and rational addressing different audiences in ways that enable the discussion with specialists or raise the interest of non-specialist audiences;
- To develop organizational and cooperation skills, producing outputs in a punctual manner, often collaborating in a group.