The objectives of the project are:
- Development of the methodology for addressing the short and long term needs for conservation of endangered plant species and expanding the relevant scientific knowledge.
- Contribution to the conservation of threatened plant species in the Prefecture of Chania inside and outside the natural environment.
- Raising awareness, training and development of collaborations among competent bodies for the conservation of biodiversity.
The project activities include:
- Application and harmonization of criteria for the elaboration of conservation priorities for endangered plant species in the Prefecture of Chania.
- Investigation of the best methodology for reinforcement/reintroduction of natural populations of selected endangered plant species.
- Ex situ conservation of germplasm of endangered plant species – Study of the ecophysiology of seeds.
- Communication of final project results – Training of staff of relevant authorities.
Duration: January 2020 - December 2022
MAICh, Mediterranean Plant Conservation Unit & Department of Business Economics and Management - Ελλάδα
Source of funding
: Green Fund, National Funding Programme “Protection and Upgrading of Forests 2019”, Priority Axis 7 "Applied Research"
Programme and Contact references
: Christini Fournaraki, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +30 28210 35053
: 196 930,00 €
- Decentralized Administration of Crete - Forest Directorate of Chania - Ελλάδα